County Coroner records
Scope and Contents
The records of the County Coroner document the principal duties of the office from 1894 until the office was abolished in 1965. The records consist of investigation records, death reports, inquest case files, and indexes. This collection includes the following accessions: 2006-000176, 1998-373-02, and 2007-000747.
- Other: Date acquired: 09/02/2007
- Multnomah County (Or.). County Coroner (1854-1965) (Organization)
- Multnomah County (Or.). District Attorney. Administration. County Medical Examiner (Organization)
Biographical or Historical Information
The County Coroner investigated suspicious deaths and held inquests.
Language of Materials
The records are arranged in two records series: 1. Coroner's Investigation Records 2. Coroner's Examination Case Files and Index
Physical Access Requirements
Volume 1 and 7 of Series 1 are fragile and require staff handling only.
Related Digital Material
Source of Acquisition
Multnomah County (Or.). District Attorney. County Medical Examiner
Method of Acquisition
Tranferred to Archives.
- Coroners Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Necrologies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Registers (Lists) Subject Source: Library of Congress Genre/Form Terms
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Terry Baxter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Multnomah County Archives Repository
1620 SE 190th Avenue
Portland 97233 US